Wallpaper entitled "Hope"

From SpookyWallpapers

Monday, January 25, 2010

The Thinker...


Today I am convinced that there is nothing wrong with me. I'm giddy with excitement! How could I have been so wrong for so long? Sad that all of my tears and anxiety were for naught, but who knew? I managed to reach this conclusion by some rather convoluted thinking, but there it is.

I do have my doubting Thomasinas. Oh, yes, my friends are trying not to laugh as I explain my theory. Surely laughing is not what friends would do.

My studies have led me to find that I fall into almost every category that researchers, um, researched, about depression and who is affected. Here are a few that I fall into:

--female
--oldest child
--intelligent
--perfectionist
--premature/low birth weight
--creative
--hormonal imbalance
--chronic stress
--non-drinker
--family history of depression
--brain chemical deficiency
--elderly (okay this one pushes it, but I am in post-menopause)


There were even a few categories that I fell into earlier in life. Teenager, lawyer (wanted to be one) and accountant (I was one). I'm fairly certain that these could relate to the chronic stress category, but they were separate studies. Who am I to question science?

Now, if I am predisposed to depression based on all of the above factors, then it is normal for me to be depressed. Which would make me normal. Isn't this something like the substitution theory or transitional theory? Didn't we all take geometry? If A, then B. If B, then C. Therefore, if A then C.

Do I think too much?

(This lovely deep thought patchwork-quilted hanging is by quiltedpetunia and is sold on Etsy.)

No comments:

Post a Comment