Wallpaper entitled "Hope"

From SpookyWallpapers

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A brain is a terrible thing...


Hi! Dorothy here. I grabbed the mouse out of Her hand so I could have some blog time. Alice has been mentioned by name once, and Her last post alluded to Alice's story of "who am I" and "where am I"? Geez, give me a break. I'm beginning to believe that Alice's story might not be true. I mean, have you read it? It is total nonsense. It's like she's making it up as she goes along. Since I know what I went through was real, I'm taking over.

Now I'm not here to talk about myself, but to do a shout out for Her. Sure, there is a lot of stuff going on inside of Her, but all in all, She is a survivor. She doesn't give up, even when the odds are way stacked against Her. I have been around Her long enough to understand what happens and why. I've seen it happen too many times not to. But this time was different. This time, I'm really worried about Her. So take five and read.

She has a problem with her brain. Maybe the Scarecrow should be here helping me, but he wasn't invited. She doesn't let just anyone into The Place, you know. And I wouldn't dare suggest that She invite him. But about the problem with Her brain. It's not that She doesn't have one, it's just flawed. Not in a terrible way either. Thankfully, there is medication to help correct it. Her brain's problem is called depression, and She falls into it when She is dealing with too much emotional stress. You see, along with feeling things very strongly, She also seems to take in other people's emotions, especially those people She cares for the most. Maybe you don't get that, but it's true. She can just sense when something is wrong with someone, and She will do whatever She can to make things better. Enter the brain flaw. Her brain on meds helps Her deal with Her own emotions. When She takes in emotions from other people, She gets overwhelmed by them, and the meds don't help so much.

I think the reason She trusts Alice and me to be here is that bad stuff happened to us, too, and we both came out doing pretty good. Well, at least I have had bad stuff happen. Alice just had regular stuff happen, if it did happen at all. Just saying. Hey, what are you doing here? G..vithis bk.....What the.......

[The image used in this post is from Etsy Seller BeatBlack. The necklace shown is the "Neuro Necklace" in "moldy"(green). It is also available in "lunch meat"(pink), "dark thoughts"(black) and "grey matter"(surprise!! gray).]

No comments:

Post a Comment