Wallpaper entitled "Hope"

From SpookyWallpapers

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Don't fall asleep...


Yesterday, I woke up at 5 am, did my usual thinking about life, and then got up at 6:30. I did several things around the house, including emailing a shoe company for a return postage label for some defective shoes (I'm an extreme shoeaholic) and getting that package ready to go back. Got dressed in an actual "outfit," went to work and had a really great day. When I got home I found out my husband had bought ingredients for a lovely salad, which I put together for dinner. I savored every delicious bite. A wonderful day.

This morning, I didn't wake up when my alarm went off. I vaguely remember my husband saying goodbye, looked at the time (7:30) and knew that I absolutely, positively had to get up. I went back to sleep. Something woke me up at 8:30, and I stumbled out of bed.

Two hours, three cups of coffee, every puzzle in the newspaper and letting dogs in and out, later, and I'm still barely able to keep my eyes open. It's the kind of morning that I put the cream in the microwave after pouring it into my coffee. Get in and out of the shower without washing my hair.

What makes my brain and/or body act like this? Am I so old that having one somewhat active day wears me out? Does my brain get so overloaded on a somewhat "normal" day that it can't function the next? I'm like this all the time. There isn't really a pattern to it. I'll have those days when I think I am actually a normal person, then I'll be in a fog.

It's days in the fog that make me sad because I know that life is passing me by.

(The image in this post is a collage entitled "Don't Fall Asleep." It is found at Etsy and is by Seller LisaChun.)

No comments:

Post a Comment