Wallpaper entitled "Hope"

From SpookyWallpapers

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Silver and gold...


I can't believe that it has been over a week since I last posted. My other half was out of school this past week for Winter Break, and I had less time on the computer. There really hasn't been anything I would have posted anyway. I've been in this low cycle for a few weeks now, just feeling blah.

We have been watching the Olympics, however. They started out with the tragic death of Georgian luger Nodar Kumaritashvili during training, putting a pall over the opening ceremony and first few days of the games. In between, the skiing and skating events had some interesting results. I particularly enjoyed watching curling, a sport which I guess is like pool. It seems such a strange event compared to all the other ice events, seemingly in slow motion when compared.

The final event was so amazing! Canada and USA faced off in the men's' hockey gold medal game. It was extremely exciting to watch, and it was nerve wracking when they went into overtime. I have to say that I was disappointed in the outcome, but I'm happy for the Canadians to have won in their country.

Unfortunately, the games sort of ended in another tragedy when Chile experienced an 8.8 magnitude earthquake on Sunday and sent residual tsunami waves into the Pacific. Thankfully, those didn't amount to much.

The closing ceremony will soon be underway, so I'm off to watch. And finally, congratulations, O Canada!

(Photo from yahoo.com.)

No comments:

Post a Comment