Wallpaper entitled "Hope"

From SpookyWallpapers

Friday, May 7, 2010

Blush, blush sweet Charlotte...




I believe that I have finally gotten past this low cycle of depression. I woke up early this morning, had chit-chat with hubby, completed a few brain puzzles and am generally feeling really good! I'm charting this low in at two weeks. Seems a bit too long, but at least it isn't going to be longer!

I've been considering doing a few errands today. We were supposed to close on our refinance loan today, but apparently someone erred in a previous closing and forgot to sign off on a paid-out line-of-credit. It was so many years ago, the bank has changed names twice, and we are being told it could take "awhile" to find the transaction. Needless to say, it isn't what we needed to hear. But since I knew I was going to be out today, I may still do some of the things I had thought about doing. I ordered a pair of shoes online recently only to receive them in a surprisingly different color than they appeared. I am desperate (ha!) for a pair of blush/nude color shoes that could be worn most of the year, i.e., no strappy, flimsy sandals, and I'd like to get them in time to wear this summer! These looked blushish onscreen but were definitely a dark taupe in person. This will be the fourth pair I've ordered and sent back. Or at least in this case, taken back. I can take these back to the store at the mall. Which I never go to. So I thought it might be good to get out and walk around the mall for awhile in an effort to beat this hiding at home syndrome. The mall has probably changed since the last time I was there in 2001.

Granted, this blush/nude color is difficult to pin down, but I've included some very lovely examples. And really, if Mother Nature can make this color, why can't the shoe industry? Though, truthfully, I have seen shoes in this color. Okay, so they were over my budget. But what is a decimal point or two?

If the stock market went haywire over a decimal point error, just imagine what my hubby would do.

(Images used in this post are: top, "Blushing on Grid," an oil painting by abgraham; middle, Blush Pink Frosted Glass earrings by SterlingRosesDesign; bottom, "Spring Blush" by juliawilliams. All of these artists/sellers are found at Etsy.)

No comments:

Post a Comment